Cross Cultural Awareness Programmes
But, because of insufficient “Cultural Awareness”, you (and your family – if they are going too) could:
- Compromise your work project, or fail completely.
- Find it difficult to make friends
- Make people not like you in your new location.
- Feel frustrated, depressed, and emotionally alone.
- Be less likely to find a job and earn a living, if migrating personally.
- Be at unnecessary risk of injury, sickness, and (in some situations) death.
In many cases, you may never know why these things happened. as most people would not tell you.
Woburn International’s Cross-cultural Awareness Training Programmes and Country Briefings are specially designed for the assignment
- Focus on building the foundation of the assignment
- Exploring the many dimensions of culture
- Adapting to the new environment
- Teaching global skills
Our programmes are prepared and delivered by our own experienced and trained presenters. We are the NZ counsellor for cross-cultural training, representing many foreign training providers.
Here are some examples of Cross Cultural Awareness programmes:
- Going Global – Designed to give company managers skills in understanding the needs of their expatriate staff (and family members, if applicable) prior to departure, throughout the job and upon return from the international assignment.
- The Expatriate Experience – Designed to give you (and your family, if they go too) skills to deal with the challenges commonly faced while in another country, by learning of life and work in that culture.
- Onward Assignments – Designed for you (and your family, if they go too), if you are going directly from one country to another.
- Welcome to (target culture) –This programme teaches Children intellectual, emotional, and social skills to deal with their new culture (even if it is the home country). Interactive exercises are used to help you make an action plan, for when your children are adjusting to life after arrival in the new country.
|We offer these programmes on any origin or destination throughout the world, including our unique “Welcome to New Zealand” briefing. Contact Woburn International for more information.|