Whether you are a Kiwi wanting to work overseas, or someone who wants to enter New Zealand to work, it is very important that you understand the pay package & cost of living differential:
- You could be paid in a wrong way – and be taxed too much, or lose too much value in the transfer of your money.
Even employers who are trying hard to be very fair with you make these mistakes. What makes international remuneration (your pay package) so complicated?
- The international money exchange rates can change during your job.
- The inflation rate can change in your work country or home country.
- One, two, or even three different countries may try to tax your pay.
- The cost of housing and food is very different if you are staying in a country for only a few days, for a few weeks, or for a few years.
- You may personally be very interested and happy to go (or else very upset and hate to go) to a certain country. Payment can help change your mind.
- You may lose chances for promotion, while temporarily away from “the head office”, even if you would be the best person for the promotion.
- The things that are free or inexpensive in some countries (like education, health care, retirement income, and accident insurance) may be very expensive in another country.
- and much more.
- Can advise you how much you should be paid, and where and how to be paid – to minimise your tax and exchange losses, and to maximise your benefits.
Contact Woburn International now, to learn how we can help you be sure you are being paid “just right”.